21 Ocak 2014 Salı

Vintage Style in the Bathroom

I love the look of bathrooms from the 1920s and 30s!. I think I did a pretty good job getting the feel while still having modern comfort. It certainly is a cozy room and vintage in the respect that it is the same size as the original room. It also makes it a bit of a trick to take pictures!
I found the narrowest, vintage looking sink I could. Because of the lack of space I didn't want to restrict the walkway. This sink is the best of both worlds; narrow but quite deep to make up for it, with a wide edge for perching things and decent sized soap ledges.
 We still need to work on our medicine cabinet. It is a craig's list find and needs a bit of restoring. At present we just have the door propped up in the space so we at least have a mirror to brush our hair in.
This picture gives you a good idea of the coziness. Nothing is more then a step away! Behind the bathtub is the linen closet. We still need to put the shelves up, so right now it is a jumble.
My sister had the brilliant idea of propping the picture in front of the window the day we moved in. Perfect solution for privacy!
I snapped this quick picture so you could see the combination of subway tiles and square tiles in the tub. I will try and get better ones later. 

The hexagon floor, my favorite feature!

Lorem ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.

Comments


EmoticonEmoticon