5 Mart 2015 Perşembe

Simple Goodness


Earlier this week, I was craving some simple comfort food. With the weather gloomy and snowy and spring apparently far away, something a little extra special was needed. How much better can you get then a simple bread pudding? Bread, milk, apples and cinnamon. Yum! 
For some reason  I came home from work with bread pudding and apples stuck in my head. I wasn't sure where I got the idea, but a quick look through my cookbook collection and I discovered Brown Betty is a type of apple bread pudding. The main difference being there is more apples in it then bread.
 I decided to go with a traditional bread pudding and add one chopped apple (we needed all that carb goodness!) and vanilla extract. We have a local bakery that we buy our bread at and it gets stale quickly, but makes divine bread pudding!
When you need a simple basic recipe one can always count on Betty Crocker! This edition is from the late 1950's.


Lorem ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.

Comments


EmoticonEmoticon