20 Ocak 2012 Cuma

Pattern Review- Wearing History Apron

 Pattern and fabric all ready to sew! I had this fabric in my stash, the minute I saw it I thought 40s apron! So when Wearing History came out with a new 1940s apron pattern, I knew which fabric to use! Then I found the perfect blue for binding in the quilt fabric stash. I chose the medium size to make and I am glad I did, as the apron is snugger fitting then modern aprons.
 Love the scalloped hem! The binding may seem a little daunting, but it really went on quite smoothly. The sweetheart neckline of course was the hardest.
 I pretty much followed the directions exactly. The only changes I made was doing 1/4 inch binding instead of 1/2 inch, finishing the two front seams with a mock french seam ,which I forgot to take pictures of! and adding top stitching across the ties where they attach to the skirt and where the shoulder straps attach to the skirt. I would recommend this on any apron as it is a major stress point and I had to sew a lot back on!















I love all the detail in this pattern! If you are looking for a cute 1940s pattern I would defiantly recommend it. It comes with very detailed directions to help you through all the tricky spots. Plus she has very nice tutorials on her blog. The only thing I would change is the ties, they are a bit short.

Lorem ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.

Comments


EmoticonEmoticon