10 Mart 2015 Salı

DIY Footstool for the Book Nook (part 1)

Another project I have been working away on whenever I get a moment is the footstool in the book nook! I finished part 1 a month or so ago, but haven't gotten around to part 2, the quilted cover, yet. The project got a little way laid this fall as I let my sister borrow the foam squares I had bought. She returned them in a few weeks, but then Christmas was right around the corner and in the hustle and bustle is got put on hold.
I used this tutorial from Better Homes and Garden for inspiration. Who knew it was this easy to make an ottoman?! I really wanted a round footstool but the trend seems to be square and it was a bit difficult finding a small one. This one is just the right size to perch one's feet on! 
 Once I started looking I was surprised at how easy it was to find all the parts. A round pre-cut piece of wood from Lowe's for the base; legs and brackets from the hardware store I painted white; two foam squares with batting wrapped around them from JoAnn Fabrics; topped off with canvas fabric leftover from another project. Now I just need to make the quilted cover! 
 I also had to share another new addition to the book nook, a beautiful pillow my sister Becky made me. What a lovely surprise! 
 I love how she used a vintage napkin on the front, it highlights the details so well!
So what projects are you working on Friends? Are you sprucing up to get ready for Spring?

Lorem ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.

Comments


EmoticonEmoticon